Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring has sprung...

Ask me how I know...really go ahead. Last night I was relaxing in front of the TV after getting the girls off to bed. I hear the cat door open, it was my darling Korduroy.

Isn't he handsome.
Photobucket

He has, on several occasions, brought me "gifts" now and then. Lizards, chipmunks, moles, and more birds than I should probably admit. But last night my darling Kord brought me this...
Photobucket

So you can get his size in perspective...
Photobucket

It was like a game of hot potato in our kitchen. Brian came in (because I was screaming "He's got something!") Brian identified the "gift", picked it up and handed it to me. I dropped it in the sink. Brian plugged the sink to keep it from falling down the disposal. All the while Master Korduroy was bouncing off the walls trying to share in all the "fun".

We got the poor guy settled down in a Styrofoam cooler with some towels, cotton balls and a cut up paper towel tube to hide in. I love my cat...but ugh, enough is enough. I wish my mighty hunter would lose interest in this whole "gifting" project of his. I sat back down, big mistake.

And then there were two.
Photobucket

My wonderful husband ran off to the "Wal-Marts" to get some puppy milk replacement for the little guys.

And they ate.
Photobucket

Milk moustache.
Photobucket

So cute!
Photobucket

Then they slept.
Photobucket

For those of you who didn't know, there is a squirrel, bunny, and perhaps other small wildlife rescue right here in Enterprise. If you have a "bad cat" like I do, when they "gift" you these little guys you can call Jennifer at 334-894-5305.

4 comments:

  1. Why not keep them as pets? Your Mom had squirrels in her kitchen, and Kathy has bats in her belfry....

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add, if Kathy comes to visit, be sure to get the hares out of the sink, that makes her gag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are too cute! My kitties at home liked to bring me gifts of garden snakes. These are much more loveable!

    ReplyDelete