Monday, February 9, 2009

Horray for home improvements

After working on the Wade porch a few weeks ago my own porch really got to irritating me so this weekend I took matters into my own hands. Brian cut every single board for this little project of mine and offered advice and tips when needed. Mrs. Megan even helped out while the kidlets were at school today...I neglected to get any before pics but you'll get the idea.

Yeah, I tore it up. The horizontal boards 2' up on the bottom were the first step. Note the ugly brown board in the window....major improvement to that later on.
Photobucket

OK, you can't really tell but the screen has been attached to those horizontal boards and cut off. Ready to install the pine!
Photobucket

Pine installed. Notice the sun is going down. This was an all day affair.
Photobucket

Right back to it the next morning. A few more boards from Brian and some help from Mrs. Megan and it was done. Then it was time to paint.
Photobucket

The ugly brown board in the window that I mentioned earlier...that was a slap together cat door so we could ditch the litter box. Ugly, yes, but it served it's purpose. Now it serves it's purpose without the ugly...
Photobucket

They even got an update on the exterior cat door. OOOHHHH pretty! (Thanks honey!) It took some special cuts from hubby.
Photobucket

Yay! Another home improvement project bites the dust!
Photobucket

And our outdoor eating area is ready for spring...
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It looks SOOOOOO good white! I love it. Good job. I still say you should have left the cat door brown. It was beautiful just how it was :| and psh to the helping while the girls were at school :P I held the post its. Woo!

    ReplyDelete