Saturday, April 11, 2009

"I want a Easter egg! I want a Easter egg..."

The girls have been sooooo ready to color Easter eggs...every day "Can we color eggs today, pleeeeeaaaassseeee"? Boy were they happy when they finally got that "Yes" today.

Wait for it.....
Photobucket

So happy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Giving a little sisterly advice. Look at EG listening intently.
Photobucket

Getting creative.
Photobucket

Note the hands. They still looked like that at bedtime.
Photobucket

Yay eggs!
Photobucket

We also attended an Easter egg hunt hosted by Brian's battalion. They always do such a nice job putting on events for families. The BC's wife stuffed 1600 eggs...she wanted to make sure everyone walked away with something.

Ready, set, GO!
Photobucket

Photobucket

They gathered 47 eggs total!
Photobucket

A quick look...
Photobucket

I even got them to sit still long enough to get a picture with me!
Photobucket

Abigail continued taking inventory.
Photobucket

EG and dad took off....EG HAD to bounce.
Photobucket

I scampered off to watch a Killdeer put on a show. She flopped and squaked...she made quite the ruckus.
Photobucket

It took me a minute to find it...I knew it was nearby.
Photobucket

True to form she lay her eggs in a high traffic area. My darling hubby put a circle of pinecones around them to keep them safe. I love that he appreciates my sometimes crazy love of nature.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Ok A looks like you. And we have the same egg dye kit. And I got this wine that is red and super dry and reminds me of you. It said it would taste like blackberry jam and mocha. Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and the girls! Yeah for Brian and the pine cones!

    @Meagan...they never taste like they say they will...I can never understand when someone asks me, "do you taste the oakiness in the wine?" ummmm...no I don't, sorry!

    ReplyDelete