Friday, May 7, 2010

Gardening Wiregrass Style

I have planted a garden every year since we've been in this house. And every year we get a little of this and a little of that. Well this year I had a long chat with the owner/operator of a local farm. Oh boy, the things I learned. Gardening in South Alabama is NOTHING like gardening in Oregon. But...I may be getting this whole "wiregrass gardening" thing figured out.

This was the plan.
Photobucket

Fill these containers with plants that would produce food.
Photobucket

We even added a garden bed this year.
Photobucket

We planted....and so far things are looking good :) (we even "had" to put in a second bed)
Photobucket

Behind me...those are tomatoes.
Photobucket

Yes, they are taller than me :)
Photobucket

Blueberries have gone from this
Photobucket

To this
Photobucket

Abigail grabbing a green bean snack
Photobucket

Mmmmmm
Photobucket

EG heard there were more green beans ready for "harvest"
Photobucket

The potted herb garden is doing really well.
Photobucket

We also have several different kinds of herbs stashed all over the yard. We've mixed them in with the azaleas, roses, and iris along with cantaloupe, watermelon, and more tomatoes.

Cantaloupe :)
Photobucket

Onions
Photobucket

Squash
Photobucket

And my tomatoes....well some of them
Photobucket

Ahhh and you may not be able to eat it but my hummingbirds can. The best it's looked since we planted it.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You have a very nice garden. I always planted eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there is eggplant, banana peppers, peas, collards and a ton of other stuff I didn't post. :)

    ReplyDelete