Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tamale Heaven

One of the things I miss most about Portland is cooking with my baby sister Jet. She and Mr. Chris would come over and spend the entire day putting together a crazy wonderful meal. Well Jet and I would cook while Mr. Chris would play video games with Abigail. (EG was too young to help) At the end of the day we would stuff ourselves with the feast we had created. Well today, thanks to "the other Melissa", I got a tiny taste of Portland.

On the menu....
Photobucket

She and her youngins came over around 1:00. The kids scattered and she and I got to work.

Gathered some of our ingredients.
Photobucket

Got the husks soaking.
Photobucket

What would tamales be without...
Photobucket

Let's get this party started.
Photobucket

Add some fresh corn.
Photobucket

Sometimes this is the only way.
Photobucket

Then the real work began.
Photobucket

We did this for a while.
Photobucket

It was so worth it.
Photobucket

Not so long that I wasn't able to talk her into this.
Photobucket

Her forte not mine ;0)
Photobucket

Her tortillas were the hit of the meal.
Photobucket

Add some avocado, rice and beans and let the feast begin!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Today was so much fun. A full house and a wonderful meal...I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Melissa!

1 comment:

  1. That is a process for sure! But it looks like they're worth the wait! I'll have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete